Description of the project
The International Academy and Boarding School of Denmark is the only 100% English speaking efterskole in Denmark, where students aged 14-17 can combine the unique experience of attending a Danish efterskole/boarding school, with its proven educational and personal development qualities, with an international education. The school is a part of the self-governing institution Vedersø Idrætsefterskole (Sports College), which is one of Denmark’s leading sports and gymnastic schools.
- over the age of 22
- motivated, adaptable and flexible
- previous experience working with children
- previous teaching experience is highly recommended
- an interest for foreign languages
- a passion for dance, media and communication and football are important, as these are core subjects at The International
Volunteering at the project
- planned activities will vary depending on the participant’s individual skills, personal background and experience
- our range of informal and formal activities will give the volunteer the chance to use of their skills – linguistically, artistically, socially, and physically
- volunteers will assist in the classroom as both a guest teacher (and language assistant where relevant)
- volunteers will be given the opportunity to gain knowledge and insight into the teaching profession and gain experience working with young people
- a responsibility to contribute to social activities in weekends and evenings
- volunteers will live at the school
Next volunteer period: 6 August 2018 – 30 June 2019
All the costs (travel, accommodation, food, pocket money, insurance, visa) are covered withing the Erasmus+ Programme.
Interested candidates are asked to fill in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 13, 2018.