Dates of the EVS proejct:
May 2019 – April 2020
Växjö and Kronoberg
Växjö is a municipality of 80.000 inhabitants in the region of Kronoberg, in the south of Sweden. It s situated 3 hours train-travel from Copenhagen, Denmark and 5 hours from Stockholm.
Funkibator was initiated in 2008 as a projekt and later on in 2011 it had grown into an association that is still only growing bigger. Funkibator is working on development issues in the area of disabilities. The idea is to create an environment to grow in as much as possible. Funkibator is always aiming towards new ideas, opportunities, solutions, innovations and entrepreneurship. We want to improve the quality of life, and we want to do it for real!Working areas include labour market, leisure activites, education and international questions. Our base is in the county of Kronoberg but growing on a national level. Our main aim is to increase the quality of life for people with disiabilites.
What we do
Funkibator has a specific focus on mobility impairment, visual impairment, neuropsychiatric diagnoses, as well as different kinds of hidden disabilities. Our average age is a bit lower as we mostly work with children, youth and young adults. We’re very digital and like to do things hands on. However, we draw no limit on diagnoses, age, where you live or who you are. We welcome simply anyone who wants to hang out and have fun!
We work with many development issues. We take many new initiatives. We develop ideas, methods and new working areas. Funkibator is definitely a product of the new society in which technology, the Internet, information and communication are very important parts. Today’s “new” society is our natural work environment and we are thriving!
In Funkibator we listen to people and want their voices to be heard. We want thoughts, ideas and dedication to come from the people themselves Here, each and everyone should be able to grow and make ones mark, to affect ones situaiton and do what ones thinks is fun and rewarding!
We are looking for a volonteer who:
– Is social and open-minded
– A people-person with a wide experince of working with people from different backgrounds
– Take initiavites
– Enjoy working with people
– Are willing to work 2-3 evenings a week and one weekend a month
– Technical skills – computer, projector etc
– Thinks outside the box
Activities for volunteers:
- Hosting both people and events
- Arrange activity evenings in our activity house (Kväll@SIP)
- Come up with and create your own activites
- Recive others who wants to create activites and assist them with the process
- Computer ang gaming activities
- Arrange “Social club” where people are gathering around a topic and do different activities
- Friday meet-up where we have coffee and cake
- Other social events that might happen in the activity house
- Assist and coach summer workers at the age of 16-19. Both youth with disabilites and newly arrived youth
- Arts and crafts or other creative workshops
Food and meals
The volunteers receive food-money and pocket every month. The pocket money will be 115 euros
Accommodation and transport
The volunteer will live in shared apartment either outside Växjö or in the City, having his/her own room and sharing bathroom, kitchen and other common areas. The volunteer will get either a bus card or bicycle to commute, depending on the distance from our office to the housing. There is Internet in the accommodation.
To know more about Funkibator: https://www.funkibator.se
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EVS Funkibator”
Deadline for application: 24/03/2019