We are looking for a Moldovan participant!
Place: Transylvania, Sovata (Romania)
Duration: 15.03.2019 – 13.03.2020
About the project:
With this project we would like to face the unemployment among the young people by developing them on personal and professional level by involving them in outdoor programs, youth work, office work, and physical work with the purpose to become active citizens in their own country and a better work force on the labor market. Because also their confidence will develop and they become more strongminded, they will find a proper job more easily.
The volunteers will do their service mainly in Sovata where we organize most of our programs and where we run our International Youth Center and we organize outdoor programs all around the year. The volunteers will help in preparing, organizing, implementing and assisting our programs and camps. They gain knowledge on facilitation and debriefing competences, about group dynamics, planning, delivering and evaluating a program. They will assist trainers on our programs, they will have the possibility to learn ropes course activities, kayaking, canoeing, making fire, building bivaque, orienteering, nature awareness, hiking, rock climbing, first aid and a lot more.
The volunteers will know better a lot of different jobs by observing, learning the essential and practicing this jobs (management, physical work, office work) with the help of our staff.
- To assist at our training courses (to work with children and youth groups)
- To know, then to support the work of our employees (project management, accounting, program/staff coordinating, PR, youth center management, cooking, cleaning, management of the equipment, acquisition, logistics)
- To support our staff in organization of different events
- Participation at the general week starting staff meeting
- Interactive presentation in schools about the volunteering in the frame of Erasmus and promoting OBR programs
- Writing articles on the blog
Profile of the volunteer:
- aged between 18-30 years
- good English language skills (written and spoken)
- has good physical condition, are fit and healthy
- are highly motivated to participate in this project and are committed to live 12 months in a foreign country
- are interested in learning and getting practical experience in the field of outdoor education, youth work and any other topics related to the functioning of the NGO/youth center (or have already experience),
- are open to physically and mentally challenging activities, adventures
- are open minded, love to work with people, and children
The Outward Bound International Youth Center includes a big house for the participants and a smaller house for the staff, a small lake, a yurt, a ropes course and a big yard.
The volunteers will work here but they will be accommodated in flat in the city of Sovata. When we have groups in the youth center the meals will be provided by Outward Bound Roma kitchen – vegetarian/special meals can be required -, when there are no groups the volunteers will cook for themselves.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject “Volunteering in Transylvania”!
Deadline for application: 10/03/2019