Volunteers will work with the local community in one branch of the City Public Library in Gdynia, which is a hive of activity and a great place for the local community to meet, learn new things and have the use of many facilities. Library is a place full of books – but for sure it is not boring! Public Libraries offer more than just books, for example: children’s programs, workshops and many interesting events for local communities.
Library is an institution, where volunteers can spend time and work with people of every age and different nationalities, who are coming there as guests. Library consists of 22 branches, which are situated in different districts of Gdynia, but volunteers will work mainly in one branch (which does not exclude activities and cooperation with other branches).
The aim of the library is to meet cultural needs of the society and to promote reading in various ways.
EVS Volunteer will support employers of the library in actions taken by them, daily tasks, so the opportunities include helping with:
- books and shelves maintaining
- labeling, signatouring new books,
- taking care of library’s space (keeping everything in general order, constantly)
- helping the readers with basic usage of the computers (available in the library)
- helping with setting up exhibitions
- working with books, CDs, and other library materials
- preparing and conducting different activities and workshops for groups of children and youth (learning through fun)
- helping with organizing and conducting special events (book-exchange picnic, summer book post on the beach)
The volunteer will be responsible for:
- Preparing and leading at least one English conversation workshop per week. Leading it in his/her own native language as well is possible option.
- Preparing and leading presentations about his/her country, at least 2 times in different branches of Gdynia’s Public Library
Volunteer interested in taking part in European Voluntary Service should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EVS Public Library” before 12th of November 2017
More information about EVS with us please find here
Project is funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.