We are looking for 3 Moldovan volunteers for a one-week long training course called “Virtual Action for Human Rights Education”.
Place: Istanbul, Turkey
Duration: 5-11 February 2019
Arrival time: before noon
Departure time: after noon
- To enable actors in formal and non-formal education contexts to address hate speech with young people and involve school communities in the No Hate Speech Movement campaign
- To develop the skills and motivation for young people to recognize online hate speech and to become ‘online activists’ for human rights
- To raise awareness of human rights principles and promote a vision of the Internet which reflects these principles
- To support human rights education through non-formal learning approaches and develop critical spirit among children and young people
- To empower those who are already victims of online hate speech, or who are likely to become victims
- To encourage empathy for groups or individuals who may be targets of hate speech online
- To break down myths and prejudice about some of the most common targets of hate speech.
Family Resort Hotel: http://www.otelfamily.com/en/index.php
The overall methodology for this activity will be entirely based on the principles of non-formal education such as exercises, games, group dynamics, work in plenary and in sub-groups peer support, and self- directed learning, among others. Linguistic cooperation and solidarity will also be put forward throughout the days.
The language of the training course will be only English but the languages of outdoor activities which will be used are English and Turkish (sometimes separated, sometimes together). Cooperation and linguistic solidarity between Turkish and English will be a major challenge during the activity. Turkish team will be always with participants to translate everything.
Profile of participants:
– youth workers, volunteers, and activists between 18-27 age (max 30)
– participants who are willing to learn fundamentals of HRE
– participants who would like to take a step into the Combating Hate Speech Topic
– participants who would like to learn how to work with other young people and start learning facilitation of youth work
275€/ participants coming from Moldova
For more information, we will notify the selected participants.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Training Course in Istanbul”
Deadline for application: 29/10/2018