Description of the project
Nygadehuset is a Culture House and it is directly attached to the organization of Aabenraa municipality, under the Department of Culture. The house is situated in central Aabenraa, a town with approx. 20.000 citizens. Aabenraa is situated 25 km from the German border and the city has a shopping street, bars, restaurants and various sport activities. There is beautiful nature surroundings around Aabenraa; Forest, beach and scenic bike routes and if you want to visit bigger cities you can reach Sønderborg or Kolding within 30 min by car.
Nygadehuset has 2200 sq.m. that are free to use by the citizens of Aabenraa municipality and it contains ceramic work area, glass art work area, play room for children, concert room/stage, meeting and conference rooms and a café serving daily hot meals, coffee, cake etc.
Nygadehuset has approx. 45.000 visitors per year.
- over the age of 18
- can speak either English, German or Danish
- mature, good sense of humor, open minded and interested in culture and music
- interested in communication with both children, youth and adults
- creative skills (such as dancing, playing music, theatre, ceramics, painting, IT) is is an advantage, but no requirement
- technical skills would also be an advantage (e.g. sound equipment, stage/light/pa)
Volunteering at the project
- volunteers will be part of the staff of Nygadehuset
- volunteers are expected to take part in various daily tasks in the house (putting up posters, cleaning, stagehands, catering bands etc.)
- volunteers will be taking part in the students-cafe and the concerts
- volunteers will be working no more than 30 hours a week
- volunteers will assist running the student cafe in the afternoons and sometimes in the evenings
- volunteers will be accomodated in local host families
All the costs (travel, accommodation, food, pocket money, insurance, visa) are covered withing the Erasmus+ Programme.
Interested candidates are asked to fill in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 13, 2018.