Period of the project:
as soon as possible – 31.05.2019
Description of the project:
This project aims to face the unemployment among the young people by developing them on personal and professional level by involving them in outdoor programs, youth work, office work, and physical work with the purpose to become active citizens in their own country and a better work force on the labor market. Because also their confidence will develop and they become more strong-minded, they will find a proper job more easily.
The volunteers will do their service mainly in Sovata where we organize most of our programs and where we run our
International Youth Center and we organize outdoor programs all around the year.
The volunteers will help in preparing, organizing, implementing and assisting our programs and camps.
They gain knowledge on facilitation and debriefing competences, about group dynamics, planning, delivering and evaluating a program. They will assist trainers on our programs, they will have the possibility to learn ropes course activities, kayaking, canoeing, making fire, building bivaque, orienteering, nature awareness, hiking, rock climbing, first aid and a lot more.
We are looking for volunteers with the following background:
• aged between 20-30 years
• good English language skills (written and spoken)
• has good physical condition, are fit and healthy
• are highly motivated to participate in this project and are committed to live 12 months in a foreign country
• are interested in learning and getting practical experience in the field of outdoor education, youth work and any other topics related to the functioning of the NGO/youth center (or have already experience),
• are open to physically and mentally challenging activities, adventures
• are open minded, love to work with people, and children
Tasks for the volunteer:
• To assist at our training courses (to work with children and youth groups)
• To know, then to support the work of our employees (project management, accounting, program/staff coordinating,
PR, youth center management, cooking, cleaning, management of the equipment, acquisition, logistics)
• To support our staff in organization of different events
• Participation at the general week starting staff meeting
• Interactive presentation in schools about the volunteering in the frame of Erasmus and promoting OBR programs
• Writing articles on the blog
Accommodation and meals
The Outward Bound International Youth Center includes a big house for the participants and a smaller house for the staff, a small lake, a yurt, a ropes course and a big yard. The volunteers will be accommodated in the staff house in 2 bedded rooms .
For the duration of the EVS meals will be provided by Outward Bound Romania, vegetarian/special meals
can be required. When we have groups in the youth center the meals will be offered by the kitchen, when there are no groups the volunteers will cook for themselves. OBR will provide 120 EUR/month for food and 60 EUR/month pocket money.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com, before 10.03.2019 with the subject “EVS Sovata NOW”.