We are looking for a male participant from Moldova, aged between 18-25 and with interest to photography, to take part in the Youth Exchange “Splashes of Diversity”.
Dates: March 01st-10th, 2018
Location: The second part of Youth exchange project “Splashes of Diversity” will take place at Rembate, Lielvarde region, Latvia.
The international youth exchange in Latvia is the second stage of the bigger project“Splashes of Diversity”, where youth workers and youth from different cultural backgrounds will meet and experience non-formal and informal learning in intercultural environment.
During the first step – youth exchange in Ukraine at December, 2017 we discovered about the definition of culture in general, learned about participants’ cultures and intercultural communication. The final activity of the youth exchange was theatre production which participants had created by themselves and presented to the local public in the school of Okhtyrka city, Ukraine.
Second part of the project is youth exchange in Latvia which will take place on March 2018. It will be dedicated migration and inclusion of asylum seekers. The final product of the youth exchange will be photo exhibition about migration and diversity which participants will present to the local public.
Aims and objectives
– to raise awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries;
– to promote diversity, intercultural dialogue, tolerance between young people from different countries and coming from different backgroungds;
– to expand their knowledge on the notions of multiculturalism, acceptance and tolerance;
– to provide young people with fewer opportunities with international mobility;
– to share experience and encourage new youth initiatives;
– to facilitate international exchange, networking and cooperation.
Accommodation: the participants will be lodged in rooms for 3-5 people in the adventure park Dimantu kalns (Rembate, Lielvarde region, Latvia).
Food: you will have three meals and two coffee-breaks a day.
Working language: English.
Internet Access: free wifi is available at the venue.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 31/01/2018, with the subject “YE Latvia”