We are looking for Moldovan volunteers to participate in different projects in the Netherlands!
Duration: 1 SEPT 2019 – 25 AUG 2020
Locations of the projects:
- At Humanitas volunteers you work in the same house for the whole year, if this is easier for the clients. The different houses are located in Ede, Nieuwegein, Odijk and Amersfoort.
- At Siza volunteers are placed in one of the living groups and work with that group for one year. Some of the groups include people with heavy disabilities, so it is important that the volunteers are aware of that.
- In De Glind volunteers will be hosted in the same village, where they will stay for the full year in the same working place. The will work in the family homes and day care centers and will do all kind of practical jobs that belong to the practical work in a family home, but also will do as much as possible activities with the kids that live in the family home.
Volunteers can apply for all projects or only for one of them, but they cannot choose a specific working place. We will divide these together with the hosting organizations in the way we feel how is best according to your profile and the needs of the working place, we do this after the interviews and after an assessment of the skills of the candidate and the needs of the organization.
About the organization:
Rock Solid is a foundation created by Chris van Maanen with over 25 years of experience in this field. Rock Solid gives youngsters a chance to take part in exchanges or training courses in all over Europe. Next to that Rock solid is now responsible for coordinating these three hosting organisations and the volunteers involved. Complete procedure of application, accreditation, all the paper work, finances, documents, final reports, housing etc. is organised by Rock Solid. Next to that Chris tries to be the glue between all the volunteers and mentors.
The goals for the volunteers:
- Contribute to a just society.
- Develop and discover new skills, knowledge and work experience.
- Increase the ability to (learn to) live and work in groups.
- Take note of and being part of Dutch culture, society and language.
- Meet other young people from different cultural, social, economic and religious backgrounds, in a respectful and open manner.
- Reflect on their own spirituality and to be open to other religions, cultures and lifestyles.
Profile of the volunteers and selection process:
- We aim for volunteers who are interested social work with children and/or people with disadvantages in general.
- One of the conditions to apply is a good knowledge of English and good social skills because the volunteers have to work with children and with people with mental challenges.
- Another condition is a proof of good conduct, because this is obliged in Dutch youth and social care.
Food and accommodation:
The Rock-Solid Foundation will provide you with food money and pocket money weekly. This is mentioned in the activity agreement and we always follow the advice of national agency and the ESC rules in this. The first payments you will receive in cash till you have your Dutch bank account. You will prepare food and drinks yourself, cooking, doing the shopping and the daily cleaning of the house together. You will be provided with a one-person bedroom which will have a desk and cupboard. We will also provide bed sheets and towels for you during the year. You will share the kitchen, toilet and bathroom with those who you live with.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Volunteering in the Netherlands”. Please specify in the Motivation Letter what project localization do you prefer.
Deadline for application: 10/02/2019