- Location: Dilijan, Armenia
- Deadline for application: October 7th 2019
- Start of project: 02/11/2019
- End of project: 13/11/2019
The main aim of the project “Exploring cultural diversity through traditional games” is to unite the youth who encounter geographical, financial and social privation from rural and remote areas of 8 different countries; Norway, Latvia, Romania, Spain, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova. 40 young people will get together during 10 day exchange project. The project will allow focusing on the emergency of providing necessary cultural awareness to rural young people who can further fight raising radicalism, discrimination and hate speech in Europe, making it a safe place for cultural diversity, tolerance and peace. With
this initiative we aim at improving peer to peer learning among participants, providing safe, informal environment of self-expression, likewise encouraging each participants’ involvement in project conception, preparation, organization, and assessment. We do think, that national games are a unique tool for self-expression and cultural education, that doesn’t require any prior competencies and can insure involvement of every person despite of his/her education, gender, religion, race, etc.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
To increase participants’ consciousness of European multiculturalism, cultural values and tolerance; To foster mutual understanding,intercultural dialogue, social inclusion, and solidarity, between young people in different countries; To increase participants’ awareness about partner sates’ national games and their educational/cultural elements; To transfer national games into open access nonformal learning tools; To explore the possibilities of the Erasmus + program as a tool for cultural education and mobility; To identify the competencies that can be obtained through European non-formal learning projects and their certification by Youthpass; To view opportunities of Erasmus + program from mobility, cultural learning, and non-formal education angles, etc.
Each partner country should be represented by 4 participants and 1 group leader. There is no age limit for the group leaders.
Young people aged from 18 to 30 with a focus on 18-25 age group:
- Who are facing social, economic and geographical obstacles (at least 2 participants per group);
- Who are interested in the topics of traditional games, cultural and intercultural learning, peacebuilding;
- Who show a big motivation for participation and are available for the whole duration of the Youth Exchange,
- Who are residents of one of the participating countries: Norway, Armenia, Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Latvia, Spain, Romania and come from rural/remote
- Who can communicate in English.
“POPOCK” GUEST HOUSE DILIJAN, TAVUSH REGION, 02 NOV – ARRIVAL DAY 13 NOV – DEPARTURE DAY Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms. They will be provided with 3 time buffet food and 2 coffee breaks per day. The hotel provides bed-sheets and towels as well. We strongly ask group leaders to inform host organization about participants’ special needs, such as allergy, special diet, food, etc.
A separate menu will be prepared for vegetarians.
Please note, that organizers are not responsible for participants’ accommodation, food and transport for extra days both before and after the project dates .
THINGS TO BRING:
- Valid international passport for travel;
- Travel insurance valid in Armenia;
- All required travel documents;
- Comfortable shoes, outdoor suits, raincoats, backpacks which are needed for outdoor activities and trips;
- Laptop (at least 1 per national team); Traditional food, drinks, music, dances, songs, etc.
- Necessary equipment for your traditional game;
- Photo cameras and photo/video editing
programs you may need during activities;
- Group activities and new ideas are welcome;
- Medicine you may need, etc.
- The project is based on non-formal methodology and peer-to-peer approach, which highly prioritizes each participants’ active involvement in every stage of the project. Thus, all national teams will be in charge of:
- Preparing a session dedicated to the topics of discrimination, its
forms, schemes of its reduction,etc.;
- Preparing presentation of the current situation of discrimination and
radicalism in their countries, likewise introducing their types, grounds
- Preparing national games and teaching them to other participants;
Preparing a cultural evening;
- Presenting their organization/non-formal group;
Preparing and running energizers, team building activities, name
games and etc.
- The exact tasks will be shared through the second info pack which
will be provided as soon as all national teams are formed..
The whole youth exchange will be based on non-formal education. Different methods, such as outdoor education, hiking trips, traditional games, simulation activities, co-operative games, individual work, small discussion groups, plenary work, group dynamics and etc., will be used.
The deadline for receiving your applications is October the 7th.
Please send your CV & Motivation Letter to email@example.com