- Location: Belgium, Kasterlee
- Deadline for application: October 4th 2019
- Start of project: 03/11/2019
- End of project: 11/11/2019
Local community have a huge potential in terms of informing, making awareness, including and building a community therefore specific methods designed for community work are highly recommended in this field and specially in times when they are not so widely applied. Youth work plays an essential role in reaching and bringing together young people who face exclusion on a daily basis. Animation is considered one of the powerful tool for youth workers reaching out young people with fewer opportunities and uniting the community. An animator is therefore like a facilitator – like an electrician who arranges electrical cables, switches, plugs, sockets, cut-outs, holders into a circuit and connects it to the mains, so that whenever necessary, the current flows and lights come on, fans rotate, appliances start operating. In this example the electrician is neither the power nor its source but he/she facilitates the flow of power to get things to work by keeping everything connected.
With this youth exchange we would like to motivate young people to become active within their local communities using animation as a tool for inclusion. During the youth exchange participants will get the chance to experience and share different animation tools that can be used for inclusion.
After practicing different animation tools we will organize a final event with local children or youth where participants get the change to practice the animation tools gained during the youth exchange. All the participants are expected to take part in this event.
The project will follow the non – formal educational approach, the methods will provide active participation of young people, youth leaders and inspire them through creative activities. This exchange will provide them theoretical and practical inputs and activities.
This YE gathers 40 participants aged between 18 and 30. The participating countries are: Moldova, Armenia, Belgium, Spain, Serbia, Turkey, Italy & Cyprus.
Having participants from so many different backgrounds will encourage young people to participate in an international context, promoting tolerance, being more open and knowing different cultures without prejudices, developing the feeling of belonging to Europe and rising the citizen participation.
Working language of the youth exchange will be English.
Arrival Time: 3th November 2019 (Friday). Before 06.00 PM
Departure Time: 11th November, 2019 (Monday), after 9.00 AM
1 group leader + 4 participants per country
Age of participants 18-30
What to prepare in advance:
- Every country will be invited to run 1 session of 1,5 hour introducing an animation method to the other participants.
- Intercultural evening: Country dinners/ lunches will be combined with the intercultural creative presentation of your country. Please remember to bring along typical drink/song/dance and etc for the country presentation. For other ingredients. For the lunches and dinners every country group will prepare 1 typical meal of their country. Please send us the ingredients & recipes (you can find in Belgium supermarkets) before October 3th, so we have enough time to collect all of the ingredients.
- Good mood! 😉
Accommodation, food and travel costs are provided.
Apply by sending us your CV and Motivation letter by 4th of October on firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions feel free to contact us